Coping with a Death in the Family? Be Sure to Choose the Right Funeral Home
Although death is an unsavoury and unpleasant topic of discussion, it’s important to understand the dynamic of today’s funeral homes as it pertains to our deceased loved ones:
- There are upwards of 630,000 registered deaths recorded each year in the UK.
- 71% of these individuals are cremated.
- The other 29% are buried in cemetery plots, churchyards, and municipal mausoleums.
- The UK’s funeral market is worth approximately £1 billion on an annual basis.
- More than 50% of Britons do not have living wills or money set aside for funeral expenses.
- There are more than 4,000 funeral homes spread across the country.
As you might imagine by now, the funeral home industry is not only prevalent and widespread but it also plays a crucial role for mourning families after the passing of a loved one.
So if you’re caught in the grips of the grieving phase and find yourself struggling to tie up all of the loose ends, it’s important to note that you’ll be best served by reaching out to a reputable, compassionate funeral home to assist with the sensitive post-mortem planning process. This brief article will help you evaluate the local Wirral funeral directors and choose the most distinguished service provider.
Ensure a Long-Standing History of Service
The most eminent funeral homes have been around many decades and they’ve carved out an invaluable niche within their local communities; focus on the local services that have been in business for at least 60 years during your research.
Look for an Accredited Funeral Home
Next, you’ll want to look out for the following endorsements and certifications:
- Golden Charter Funeral Plans
- National Association of Funeral Directors
- Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors
Check the Suite of Services
Last but certainly not least, it’s in your best interests to ensure that your funeral home of choice can provide a top-to-bottom assortment of inclusive services under one roof:
- Home visits and off-site consultations
- 24-hour availability
- Private chapel of rest
- Prepaid funeral plans available
- In-house embalming service
- On-site florist
- Tailor-made obituaries, tributes, and announcements