Legal billing software ensures the law firms and the lawyers collect payment for their effort and time. These billing systems get enhanced for the law profession plus integrate features, such as invoicing, time tracking, and a few accounting capabilities. This software also assimilates with large accounting platforms and case management systems for keeping a holistic picture of a firm that is needed to reconcile debts and also to discover who’s man-hours are subsidizing for which case. The billing software proposes online invoicing, payments, time tracking, trust, matters management, document management, IOLTA accounting and many more. With lawful billing software, your information remains absolutely secured and safe armed with 256-bit data encryption plus local data backup.
- Time tracking – The dependable billing software precisely and effortlessly captures every moment, no matter you are on the go or in the office.
- Invoicing/billing – The software invoice templates that are easy to brand and excessively easy for using. Thus, it saves your time with the write-up plus write-down structures, custom rates, and recurring flat fee.
- Online payments plus client portal – Businesses which propose online payment options do get paid nearly 30% faster compared to the traditional payment methods.
- BA Litigation code set – The software communicate tasks effectually besides the costs of litigation.
- Expense tracking – This feature permits the users to track expenses that are linked to the clients’ accounts.
- Low retainer reminders – The software also sends automated notices at times when the clients’ retainer fees get low.
Types of billing software
The kind of billing software you will choose will be dependent on many factors like:
- Solo practitioner – When you have your individual practice then you will really need only the most fundamental time-tracking capacities. Though features like automatic time capture are useful to every attorney out there, yet they are confined to costly systems which might not turn out to be the finest fit for the solo practitioners.
- Small firms – The small firms need to think whether or not they wish to go with a practice management or a stand-alone billing solution. When you have got mobile access/payment needs or special account, then you might require investing in a more healthy solution.
- Large firms – The large firms will require widespread functionality to manage individual clients and time-keepers. Again, reporting features are also vital for the large firms for identifying revenue opportunities. There are many legal billing systems that include capabilities that are present in customer relationship management systems and they are important to manage many clients.